.scrollbox { height:100px width:400px overflow:auto; } A Mom With A Blog: Fine Motor Skill Activity

Friday, August 22, 2014

Fine Motor Skill Activity

If you are a friend of mine on Facebook, this post is old news. I originally made this activity like, hmm, 6 months ago or so. But regardless, as Canden was exploring it today, it really made me realize just how important and amazing of a fine motor skill activity it is. I just must share!

I am unsure where I originally got the idea...Pinterest maybe? It would be no surprise to me if so. But the concept is simple - sticking pipe cleaners into small holes.

Now if you want to skip getting all artsy and crafty at this point, I'll let you in on a little secret that way you can get on with your day: a colander works just as well as the cute little canister I made. But, if you are like me and prefer to have your cookware available as much as possible, this craft really doesn't take much time or effort. Also, another plus side of making your own canister for this: it stores the pipe cleaners so you can keep the activity pieces together.

Here is what we are aiming for:


Here is what you will need:


 Steps:

  1. Take your "Little Crunchies" can and remove the lid. Use the paper punch to punch holes around the lid. Set aside. 
  2. Using whatever you wish to apply your mod podge (sponge, brush etc.), coat the sides of the "Little Crunchies" canister. 
  3. Apply a layer of tissue paper so that none of the sides are showing. 
  4. Apply more mod podge on top of the tissue paper to glue and seal it into place. 
  5. Repeat steps 2-4 until there are enough layers of tissue paper to hide the label of the "Little Crunchies" container. 
  6. Allow the mod podge to fully dry. 
  7. I found that the pipe cleaners were pretty darn long, so I took four of them and cut them in half. 
  8. Replace the lid and play, play, play!

No comments:

Post a Comment