.scrollbox { height:100px width:400px overflow:auto; } A Mom With A Blog: Maybelline The Nudes Palette

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Maybelline The Nudes Palette

There has been a lot of hype and talk about the Maybelline The Nudes Palette lately and frankly I can understand why. Never before has there been a palette release by a drug store brand that is quite like this. Yes, there are those JUMBO eye shadow or various makeup kits that always seem to flood the shelves around Christmas as stocking-stuffer ideas, but no one really takes those too seriously. Often cheaply made, poor quality and gimmicky because of the season.

This on the other hand, is the drug store's first serious attempt at trying to rival high end brand and quality palettes for a fraction of the price. Of course, I was sucked in immediately and had been watching the makeup shelves for it's release since I first heard about it.

Photo courtesy of Ulta.com
Overall, I was pretty darn impressed, but there is room for improvement. There is a nice mix of matte and shimmer colors, which, I always thinks is important in mixing both within an eye look. Otherwise if you use all shimmer in a look where you are supposed to have the "nude" appearance, that doesn't look too natural to me.

I found that the taupe-y colors had pretty terrible color pay-off and were hard to blend. I suppose that would be my only complaint honestly. Luckily the darker colors of the palette seem to have better pay-off and blend-ability. The last thing you want is to use that matte black in the lower left hand corner with the inability to blend out the harsh lines. Scary!

Honestly, there's not much more for me to say about this palette. I like it and I will continue to use it despite the taupe colors leaving me less than impressed. This would be a really good starter palette for someone who is just getting into makeup and is on the fence about buying high end brand palette's (which, I still think everyone should invest in a good high end palette).

If you are having trouble finding this palette at your local drug store, you will most likely have more luck shopping this little beaut on ulta.com. If you are weary about paying shipping, have no fear! They have all of your drug store essentials and after you spend $50, shipping is free. So, in other words you can just stock up on all the things that you get normally and they can come right to your door. Saves a trip to the drug store!

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment